1. The Floor is Lava…or Gas-Filled. In the Chemical Factory, stay off the main floor if you suspect another squad is on the catwalks above. Try to use the exterior stairwells and platforms to get on their level; otherwise they may have the advantage with the Nebula V trap and high ground.
2. Down the Hatch. Research Labs has only one entry and exit point. Prepare for ambushes even if other squads do not drop beside you. Either send one or two squadmates up to defend, or send a Killstreak — a Precision Airstrike or Mortar Barrage — down while inside the Lab to deter enemies from above.
3. False Alarms. Axis soldiers in both the Factory and Labs may not deal a ton of damage, but their unsilenced weapons can draw the attention of other Operators. Avoid and eliminate them quickly to stay under the radar, or cause them to fire if you want to throw nearby enemy squads off your position.
4. Know the “No Zones” of Armored Transport Vehicles. Instead of blind spots, these vehicles are ready to attack those who tailgate or are within a few meters of them. Leave enough space between you and them to avoid their attacks; then close in once they are destroyed to reap those rewards.
5. Rock, Paper, Bomber Says Boom. Bomber Planes are most effective against A-A Guns and vehicles. If one is starting to wreck the entire island, though, consider using a Fighter Plane to wrest control of the skies.
6. Use Redeploy Balloons for Rapid Repositioning. Need to fly away from the Circle Collapse or a Nebula V Bomb? Locate the Barrage Balloons on the Tac Map — or in the overworld, they are hard to miss — and rappel up them to get some serious distance, albeit at the risk of being exposed while airborne.
7. Falling in Style. Various improvements have been made to Parachutes in advance of the Redeploy Balloons being rolled out across Caldera. Operators can now use them sooner after exiting the infil plane, or deploy them when closer to the ground – just not too close!
8. P.D.S. is a P.D.A. Portable Decontamination Stations are Personal Displays of Attention — dropping one reveals your squad’s position on the radar, so watch for hungry squads ready to attack when you use it to avoid the Nebula V gas or Circle Collapse.
9. Nebula V Ammo — Deadly for Squad Combat. That single clip of Nebula V Ammo may not be much, but if it downs an Operator, it makes it harder for their allies to safely revive them. Use it in squad fights to prevent enemies from getting back to full strength.
10. Avoid the Aftermath. Nebula V Bombs create small pockets of Circle Collapse–like gas, which are easily visible on the Tac Map. Prepare to change those rotation strategies as soon as you are alerted to their presence, and look for other squads struggling to escape it for a better chance at victory.
Rise on every front.