The final tool that Operators bring into battle with their weaponry is a Field Upgrade. Field Upgrades are advanced pieces of field munitions or covert spycraft that can help your squad or hinder the opposition.
Unlike all other equipment pieces, Field Upgrades are not available at the start of a Multiplayer match. Each Field Upgrade has a designated charge time and, once used, must recharge before it is available again.
Six Field Upgrades will be available for use during this weekend's Beta:
· Proximity Mine – Throwable mine, explodes shortly after an enemy runs or drives over it. Can be avoided by crouching. Destroys any vehicle that runs over it.
· Field Mic – Deploys a recording device that highlights enemy sounds within a certain radius on your mini-map.
· Trophy System – Destroys thrown enemy equipment and launcher missiles within 10 meters.
· SAM Turret – Launches missiles at enemy air Scorestreaks and player-controlled helicopters.
· Gas Mine – Proximity activated trap that expels a large cloud of harmful gas. Enemies inside are damaged and disoriented.
· Jammer – Creates an electronic disruption field, disabling enemy Field Upgrades and degrading enemy mini-map information.
Consult the in-game menu for exact charge times of each Field Upgrade.
Perks are an essential part of every class, providing passive benefits that further aid an Operator in the field.
A typical class contains three Perks: one from each of the three categories (Perk 1, Perk 2, Perk 3). The following Perks are available, unlocked by levelling up:
· Engineer – Detect enemy equipment and Scorestreaks through walls. See enemy Scorestreaks on your mini-map. Re-roll Care Packages (this specific benefit is not available in Beta).
· Paranoia – Hear an alert when an enemy aims at you.
· Tactical Mask – Maximized resistance to Flashbang and Stun Grenade. Immune to gas.
· Flak Jacket – Take less damage from enemy explosives, Molotovs, and fire.
· Scavenger – Replenish ammo from fallen players.
· Assassin – Enemies on a killstreak have a crosshair indicator on your mini-map. Receive extra score for taking them down.
· Tracker – See imprint of enemy footsteps. Aim at enemies to reveal them on your team’s mini-map.
· Quartermaster – Recharge Equipment over 25 seconds.
· Gung-Ho – Fire your weapon and use equipment while sprinting. Move at full speed when reloading. Fire more accurately while sliding. Switch weapons faster. Take less damage from falling,
· Ghost – Undetectable by enemy Spy Planes whenever you are moving, planting, or defusing bombs, or controlling Scorestreaks.
· Cold Blooded – AI-controlled Scorestreaks will not target you. Player-controlled Scorestreaks will not highlight you. Show up cold on Thermal. Players in vehicles won’t see your nameplate.
· Ninja – Sprint more quietly. Resistant to Field Mic.