1. Push and pull. On a larger map like Himmelmatt Expo, it’s important to get a feel for when you should move in and attack and when it’s best to defend your position. Move too aggressively and you’ll be eliminated in transit; hang back too much and you risk missing out on the action. The more you play the map, the sharper your instincts will become.
2. A run around the resort. Especially when outside, try to sprint across large open spaces to reduce the amount of time you are without cover. Consider equipping the Double Time Perk and the Stim Tactical Equipment piece, which could allow you to get around the map more quickly via extended or additional Tactical Sprints. While madly rushing toward your destination may not be the best tactic inside the event center, you’ll be thankful for the extra speed when traversing outside.
3. Work on the seasonal Camo Challenges. Season 02 Reloaded introduces a new Camo Challenge for each weapon class. Himmelmatt Expo makes for a great location to progress through longer-ranged weapon classes like Sniper Rifles, Marksman and Battle Rifles, and LMGs. It can’t hurt to bring along a Launcher to down enemy streaks, either.
4. Tac out! While it makes for a fine dining experience, the Restaurant has limited space, which makes it risky to battle an enemy Operator there. The theater is equally deadly, as you can’t see who’s in there until you’ve already arrived. Utilize tactical equipment, such as the Snapshot Grenade, in these instances to gather additional intel before rushing in, allowing you to better plan your attack strategy.
5. A different perspective. Areas like the North Hall entrance, the Conference Room, and the Lobby all feature multiple entry points surrounding the location. Get to know all the ways in and out of each area so you can utilize the best path forward when approaching the enemy. Keep them off guard by taking different routes throughout the match.
6. Break in the new Marksman Rifle. Season 02 Reloaded introduces the new Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle, a high-damage, fast-firing weapon especially when battling outdoors. Down enemy Operators fast and get the job done.
7. Time your streaks. Don’t let your hard work go to waste by calling in an aerial attack just as the enemy is running for cover. Wait for a moment when there’s fighting out in the open or when an outside objective becomes contested. By timing your streaks, you greatly improve your chances of making contact.
8. Care Package incoming. Consider adding the Care Package or Emergency Airdrop to your streak selection when deploying to Himmelmatt Expo. The streets running along the top and bottom of the map offer plenty of room to fall back and call in the drop. Otherwise, these spaces are great to set up shop while you call in another streak, rather than be stuck out in the open while being out of combat.
9. Activate Scorestreaks. Larger maps like Himmelmatt Expo tend to give players a greater opportunity to build up score via assists, objective plays, and taking out enemy air support. If you haven’t already, try switching your option to Scorestreaks so that each of those actions additionally work toward unlocking your next big streak.
10. Come for the scenery, stay for the battle. Himmelmatt Expo’s sweeping vistas and fresh mountain air offer visitors an escape from the humdrum of daily life. Appreciate the views, take a deep breath, and then get back to the fight. Once you hit that victory screen, you’ll never want to leave.