10. Clear the Air. We recommended the Trophy System in our Mayhem map guide, and we recommend it again. It has a fast recharge, and on tight maps it’s invaluable to your survival. Other Field Upgrade recommendations include Dead Silence to mute your footsteps or Tactical Insertion for greater spawn control.
9. Footprints on Deck. Try using the Tracker Perk to see enemy footprint trails. This is invaluable when approaching or defending an objective. By also hiding the death markers of enemies you eliminate, you’ll enjoy an overall lower profile throughout the match.
8. Give and Take. Part of finding success here is knowing when to push the attack and when to mount up and defend. Check the minimap and watch for teammates opening fire to get an idea of where the enemy is concentrated. If they’re rushing forward, take cover and eliminate on sight; otherwise move up and bring the fight to them.
7. Secondary Blaster. If you’re wisely taking advantage of the map’s long lanes to land epic sniper shots, you might consider complementing your Loadout with the Overkill Perk. Having an SMG or Shotgun as a backup weapon makes you a whole lot stronger than a pistol.
6. Out of Sight. Notice the breakable entry points located right above the port side Ammo Room and Barracks. These offer a valuable means to drop out of sight when the fighting gets tough up top or to surprise enemies rushing through the spaces below.
5. Radar. The more intel you have, the better. With Radar as your Perk 2, you’ll move more confidently on deck and through the ship’s interior spaces.
4. Defense Up. While the central vantage points are often the most crowded, don’t neglect the overlooks near the bow and stern spawn points. These offer an excellent view when defending a nearby objective or when simply repelling an attack on the ends of the map. If you need to take someone out in one of these entrenched areas, bring a teammate to distract their aim.
3. Smokescreen. To get out of sight, the Smoke Grenade delivers. On this battleship with its many power positions and confined areas, you’ll be grateful for the distraction.
2. A Swift Cut. Eliminate enemies swiftly and discreetly with the Throwing Knife, especially useful when going up against multiple foes. Better yet, it’s good practice for completing the final weapon tier in this season’s Gun Game Multiplayer mode.
1. Switch It Up. Remember to change up your Loadout to best fit the current needs of the match. Long-range weapons are great along the sides, but you’re better off with an SMG when approaching the middle and vice versa. Whenever you’re eliminated, consider whether spawning in with a different Loadout will improve your chances at regaining your footing and righting the ship.
Arriving Later in Mercenaries of Fortune: Desolation