1. Disable, Disorient, and Attack… As a zombie, using abilities is key to fighting Operators with ranged weaponry. Activate the EMP Blast to destroy nearby equipment. Follow that up with the Gas Grenade to disorient them…and try to execute a Finishing Move; you may even get a reward for hitting at least one in this mode.
2. Hybrid Power. If squadmates join the Zombie ranks, they can still be helpful in eliminating enemy squads. For example, they can charge an enemy head-on while human players sit back and snipe. They can also open those Medical Supplies, which have plenty of Syringes for their undead comrades.
3. You Got to Give Us a Shot. Eliminating Operators is not the only way to gather Syringes — open the Supply Boxes that those careless humans did not bother to check, and remember to look for red outlines of them through walls and cover.
4. Mind the Infestation. This new mechanic can be a game-changer, as a dozen or more extra Zombies in the lobby can cause chaos. Check the Infestation meter often to see when it is nearly full; then prepare for a siege with Field Upgrades like Portable Cover and traps such as a Proximity Mine.
5. To the Victor Go the Spoils. If you win Rebirth of the Dead as a human, expect to receive the animated “Last Alive” Calling Card. Keep playing and learning from previous failed attempts to unlock what may be a rarity among all Warzone accounts.
“We also knew that we had to make some changes to the mood and atmosphere of Rebirth Island to make it a worthy playground for zombies,” Gagné explains. “For that we came up with a brand-new Exfil sequence and had the pleasure of working with our friends at Raven in order to alter the look and feel of the island’s visuals. Stay on your toes — zombies might lurk in the heavy fog!”
Be sure to drop into Rebirth of the Dead this week — the undead do not rise from their graves often in Warzone, so beat them back down before they retreat…