New today in Black Ops Cold War: Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7, the new Gunfight Blueprints and Dirty Bomb Duos MP modes, as well as this week’s Warzone playlist and weapon tuning updates from Raven Software.
We’ve also implemented new gameplay improvements and bug fixes across MP and Zombies, including updates for Daily and Season Challenges, crash fixes in Zombies, a mini-map visibility fix for the H.A.R.P. in Hardcore, and more.
Our Mid-Season update also arrives on Jan. 14 with more MP and Zombies content! Read on below for details on what’s live today, and what’s to come.
New Playlist: Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7
Jump into our newest 24/7 playlist in two fast-paced 6v6 maps: Raid and Crossroads Strike. This new playlist includes Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on both maps, with Hardcore Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 also available in the Quick Play menu.
New MP Modes: Gunfight Blueprints and Dirty Bomb Duos
We’ve also added two new MP mode variants today: Gunfight Blueprints and Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Duos. In Gunfight Blueprints, duos engage in 2v2 Gunfight matches armed with randomized loadouts featuring a collection of badass Weapon Blueprints. Grab a friend, start up a Gunfight match, and discover your new favorite Blueprint configuration.
Fireteam also gets a tactical new mode in Dirty Bomb Duos, where 10 teams of two players parachute into Alpine and Ruka to collect uranium stockpiles and detonate more dirty bombs than the competition. With half as many players playing by the same rules as standard Dirty Bomb matches, Dirty Bomb Duos offers a more calculated, less frenzied Fireteam experience. If you’ve been looking for a chance to put more Fireteam hours under your belt, check out Dirty Bomb Duos on Black Ops Cold War’s most detailed maps to date.
Mid-Season Update Begins Jan. 14
Next week, Season One gets even bigger with new content in Multiplayer and Zombies! Get ready to drop into a massive new Fireteam map with your squad in Sanatorium, and fight for control of the nuclear codes in the all-new 6v6 MP mode, Dropkick.
In Zombies, we’re turning the intensity up to 11 in the new Cranked mode, where every zombie killed resets the timer counting down to your demise. And in Onslaught, Raid joins the map list along with new Dark Aether intel for Zombies fans on PlayStation. This mid-season update arrives Jan. 14th, with more Season One content to come.
Here’s what’s new for this week:
- Addressed an issue that could prevent new Daily Challenges from appearing.
- Addressed issues preventing the following Daily Challenges from tracking properly:
- "Team Deathmatch Challenger"
- "Hardcore Challenger"
- "Hardcore Champion"
- Addressed an issue that could prevent progress from tracking for the "Mass Casualties" Challenge when using a Cruise Missile.
- Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7 [NEW]
- Includes TDM, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Hardpoint on Raid and Crossroads Strike.
- Hardcore version also available in Quick Play.
- Gunfight Blueprints [NEW]
- 2v2 Gunfight matches using new randomized Weapon Blueprint-based loadouts.
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb Duos [NEW]
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb played with 20 players (10 teams of Duos).
- Nuketown 24/7 [UPDATED]
- Nuketown ’84 Holiday replaced with Nuketown ’84.
- Face Off
- Prop Hunt
- Fireteam: Dirty Bomb
- Added extra models and collision to prevent being able to kill enemies at their spawn in Game Show at the start of a match.
- Combined Arms
- Adjusted time in Combined Arms: Assault when a zone is captured.
- Addressed an issue in Hardcore modes where Spy Planes exiting the map could override the mini-map being active, even if a H.A.R.P. was still active.
- Care Package
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when calling in a Holiday Care Package.
- Adjusted XP values for Operator Missions.
- Added various stability fixes.
- Closed various map exploit areas.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Ammo Mod from appearing on the player’s weapon immediately after using the Pack-a-Punch.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Addressed an issue where the player could load into Dead Ops Arcade with the wrong Operator Skin.
- Addressed an issue where the player could be downed by walking underneath a spike trap.
- Addressed different effect issues occurring when transitioning from solo play.
- Addressed various particle effect issues.
- Addressed an issue where a player could lose their Bronze chalice after a private match.
And from Raven Software:
- Verdansk Quads - 152 Players
- Trios – 150 Players
- Duos – 150 Players
- Solos – 150 Players
- Plunder Quads – 100 Players
- Rebirth Island
- Resurgence Trios – 45 Players
- Mini Royale Duos – 40 Players
- DMR 14
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Type 63
- Reduced headshot damage.
- Increased recoil.
- Decreased headshot damage multiplier.
- Handgun Charlie (Akimbo Only)
- Decreased damage range.
- Increased hip-fire spread.
- Treyarch and Raven Software
* GAME FEATURES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE BASED ON CURRENT IN-DEVELOPMENT FEATURES THAT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON FINAL DEVELOPMENT CHANGES AND/OR GAME TUNING OR UPDATES THAT MAY REMOVE OR MODIFY SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE FEATURES.