SEASON FIVE RELOADED ARRIVES THIS WEEK
Starting at 9PM PT Sept. 8th / 12AM ET Sept. 9th, we’re dropping new updates in Multiplayer, Round-Based Zombies, Outbreak, Dead Ops Arcade 3, Onslaught, and the Prestige Shop in Black Ops Cold War with Season Five Reloaded. Here’s what’s coming:
- New Prestige Shop Weapon Blueprint and Legacy Calling Cards
- “The Numbers” Event (begins Sept. 21)
- New Event Reward Weapon: Sai
- Tracer Pack: Hudson Operator Bundle (In-season)
- Tracer Pack: Judge Dredd® Bundle (In-Season)
- + More in-season
- New 6v6 Map: Zoo
- New Mode: Demolition
- New Featured Playlist: Zoo 24/7
- New Multiplayer Event Challenges & Rewards (In-Season)
- New Round-Based Map Feature: Rampage Inducer
- New Outbreak Region: Armada
- New Outbreak World Event: Black Chest
- New Dark Aether Story Intel in Outbreak
- New Dead Ops Arcade 3 updates
- New Onslaught Map: Drive-In (PlayStation®)
- New Onslaught Mode: Diminishing Light (PlayStation)
- New Onslaught Weapon Blueprint Challenge (PlayStation)
- New Dark Aether Story Intel in Onslaught (PlayStation)
- New Outbreak Mode: Survival (In-Season)
- New Zombies Event Challenges & Rewards (In-Season)
Check out all the details on the new content and features coming to both Black Ops Cold War and WarzoneTM at the Call of Duty Blog, and let’s get into the intel below:
Following the release of Echelon, Showroom, Slums, and Drive-In during the first portion of Season Five, we’re bringing another classic into 6v6 rotation this week. Zoo, one of our favorite post-launch maps from the original Black Ops, is coming to Multiplayer for the first time since 2011. This iconic Russian menagerie has been specially crafted for 6v6, launching with a dedicated Zoo 24/7 Featured Playlist at the launch of Season Five Reloaded.
On the MP mode front, we’re turning up the action even higher with the debut of Demolition in Black Ops Cold War. If you’ve never played Demolition before (there must be one or two of you out there...), the rules are simple. The attacking team attempts to destroy two enemy bomb sites, while the defending team must prevent the attackers from detonating both bombs before the time limit expires.
Time is extended after the first bomb site is destroyed, and the fight goes on until the second bomb is blown up, or the time limit is reached. In the event of a tie, both teams will compete over a single neutral bomb site in Overtime, where the first team to successfully detonate the bomb wins.
Out of all of the Multiplayer modes introduced across Call of Duty over the years, Demolition is one of our absolute favorites. The action is always relentless, objectives are constantly under contention, and the tug-of-war of Overtime often ends up in the sort of final-second nail-biter matches that we live for. Jump in and let us know what you think!
This week also brings 12v12 Moshpit back to Featured Playlists with Zoo and Drive-In now added to the map rotation, along with the return of Face Off 6v6 and Cranked Moshpit for maximum chaos. Next, let’s talk about all things undead...
As development continues on the finale of the Black Ops Cold War Zombies saga in next season’s round-based map, we’ve packed Season Five Reloaded with new ways to play round-based Zombies, Outbreak, Dead Ops Arcade 3, and Onslaught. Something for everyone!
First up: the Rampage Inducer is coming to all round-based maps this week, offering a new way to turn up the action for 20 rounds. Looking for a new challenge in “Die Maschine,” “Firebase Z,” and “Mauer der Toten”? Want to add some spice to your speedruns? Maybe you’d like to hit higher rounds even faster? If any (or all) of the above apply, the team made this feature just for you.
Here’s how it works: beginning this week, players will now spot a special Essence canister in the starting area of each map. All players must vote to activate the canister and induce Rampage. Once activated, the spawn rate and movement speed of enemy zombies will be increased through Round 20 for a much more intense experience. If it’s too intense for your liking, all players can vote to turn the Rampage Inducer off, and this effect can be toggled on and on at will as often as once per round. If it’s left unused, the Essence canister will explode after Round 20.
Meanwhile, the Outbreak Zone is expanding this week with the addition of our final new Outbreak Region, Armada. This battleground on the high seas has been hand-crafted for Outbreak with new environmental effects and an eerie Dark Aether phase enclosure, bringing a unique new setting to Zombies on the North Atlantic Ocean.
Outbreak players will also encounter the new Black Chest World Event, which offers a mysterious protective effect that just might save your life. Interact with the Black Chest and take on what’s waiting inside... if you’re successful, you’ll form a pact with a spirit that will be summoned against enemies when you’re low on health in your current Region. This ability is on a cooldown and its effect is shared with your teammates, so the risk is certainly worth the reward, especially on longer Outbreak runs as the challenge continues to spike.
Later in the season, players will drop into the hardcore Outbreak Survival mode, where you’ll start with only a 1911 in your hand and no mini-map or overhead map to guide you. Your HUD will be limited, and you’ll need to scavenge for food to replenish your health. That’s right… there’s no auto-health regen to save you in this mode, and your survival skills will be put to the test more than ever. Keep an eye out for this one when The Numbers Event goes live...
Dead Ops Arcade 3 is also getting one of its biggest updates to date this week, with an absolutely huge list of gameplay improvements, bug fixes, and stability updates in the patch notes below. These include XP adjustments for the Ikari EggXit bonus map, weapon audio tuning, and more.
Whether you’re going for a new high score in a standard solo match or you’re taking on the Mamaback in a four-player marathon First-Person game session, it’s always a good time to jump into DOA 3 and blow off some steam. Of course, a large portion of these updates were based on feedback from the Dead Ops community – as always, thank you for your support, and enjoy!
On PlayStation, Zombies receives its next Onslaught map with the debut of Onslaught Drive-In, complete with all-new narrative Intel to unlock and discover. We’re also delivering the new Diminishing Light limited-time mode, where the circle shrinks as the horde gets stronger. The Dark Aether Orb will implode and destroy the players if it collapses, so act fast and collect clock power-ups to pause the collapse. Completing Surges will revert the Orb to its original size and keep the match going until you’re inevitably overrun by the undead.
As an exclusive reward, players will unlock the “Soviet Red” Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint by completing 30 Surges in Onslaught Diminishing Light. Best of luck!
“THE NUMBERS” EVENT BEGINS SEPT. 21
In addition to all the new content coming to MP and Zombies, players can look forward to a set of nine challenges that can be completed in Multiplayer or Zombies during The Numbers Event, starting on Sept. 21st. Warzone will also receive a unique set of nine challenges to complete, for a total of 18 challenges and 19 rewards to earn during the event. Complete a full set of nine challenges in either game to unlock our first-ever event weapon reward, the Sai!
Watch for more details on what’s coming in The Numbers Event as Sept. 21st draws nearer.
NEW PRESTIGE CONTENT AWAITS
Got some Prestige Keys saved up? Good news: more new content is on the way to the Prestige Shop at the start of Season Five Reloaded in Black Ops Cold War.
Hit the Barracks and trade in your Prestige Keys for the all-new “Hidden Terror” Sniper Rifle Weapon Blueprint this week, and browse the expanded Calling Card collection for even more legacy content from previous Call of Duty titles, including a classic Animated Calling Card available at Season Level 200. With more Double XP and Double Weapon XP just over the horizon, you’ll be hitting this season’s Prestige Master rank in no time... if you haven’t already, that is.
2XP + 2WXP WEEKEND STARTS FRIDAY
Starting at 10AM PT this Friday through Sept. 13th, Double XP and Double Weapon XP will be enabled for everyone in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone to celebrate the launch of Season Five Reloaded! Time to hit Prestige Master, finish up those EM2 and TEC-9 attachments, and stack up those Prestige Keys.
Read on below for the patch notes for everything coming to Black Ops Cold War at the launch of Season Five Reloaded. For the latest Warzone updates, be sure to follow @RavenSoftware on Twitter, and keep an eye on our official Trello board for more info on what’s in the works.
Let’s get into it:
- New Weapon Blueprint
- “Hidden Terror” Sniper Weapon Blueprint added to the Prestige Shop.
- Legacy Calling Cards
- New Legacy Calling Cards and Animated Calling Cards added to the Prestige Shop.
- Zoo (6v6)
- Zoo map added to Multiplayer rotation in 6v6 modes.
- Zoo 24/7 added to Featured Playlists.
- Demolition [NEW]
- Demolition added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists.
- Attacking team attempts to destroy two enemy bomb sites. Defenders must prevent the attackers from detonating both bombs before the time limit.
- Time is extended after the first bomb site is destroyed.
- In the event of a tie, a single neutral bomb site becomes active in Overtime, where the first team to successfully detonate the bomb wins the match.
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Added Zoo and Drive-In to the map rotation.
- Zoo 24/7 [NEW]
- Demolition [NEW]
- Nuketown 24/7
- Cranked Moshpit
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit (now featuring Zoo and Drive-In)
- Party Games
- Rampage Inducer
- New feature added to all round-based Zombies maps.
- Players can now interact with an orange Essence canister at the start of each map to vote to induce Rampage. All players must vote to enable the feature.
- When enabled, spawn rates and movement speed of enemy zombies will be increased through Round 20 for a more intense experience for advanced players.
- Players can vote to turn the Rampage Inducer off and on at will, as often as once per round. All players must vote to disable the feature.
- If left unused, the Essence canister will explode after Round 20.
- Addressed an issue where scrolling through the scoreboard with a controller could toggle the flashlight.
- Closed an exploit where players were able to gain access to locked portions of the map.
- Addressed an issue where players could receive placeholder medals from CRBR-S multi-kills on "Mauer der Toten."
- New Region in the North Atlantic Ocean added to Outbreak.
- World Events
- Black Chest
- New World Event added to Regions in Outbreak.
- Interact with the Black Chest and destroy what lies within to form a pact with the spirit inside for the current Region.
- Once the pact is formed, the spirit will be summoned against nearby zombies when the player is low on health.
- This ability is on a cooldown and its effect is shared with teammates.
- Added new Season Five Reloaded narrative Intel to discover.
- Addressed an issue where Solo players could lose the ability to select loadouts after warping to another Region in a prior Outbreak session.
- Addressed an issue where the Omega Helicopter would sometimes appear inconsistently on the mini-map.
- Closed an exploit that allowed players to escape the Holdout Objective in Alpine by using the Grapple Gun.
- Addressed an issue where selecting Zoo as a map in Local play was not correctly switching the mode to Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue where the legend was not appearing on the overhead map.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Added various stability/exploit fixes.
- Added various fixes to further alleviate “Charlie 285 Military Gorilla” errors.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a player disconnected while in the Ikari EggXit bonus area.
- Players who have disconnected and rejoined a match in progress will now have their score and gem multipliers restored to their most recent level at the end of their most recent round.
- Adjusted Room of Judgment wave times to grant additional time for Trio and Quad games.
- A flashlight will now spawn on the Island for Solo Advanced Start modes.
- First-Person power-up spawns should no longer clump together in order to prevent one player from accidentally consuming them all.
- Reduced late money spawns after the round is over, so players no longer feel the need to wait around for pickups.
- Added a small collision ramp to one of the moving platforms by the volcano to make hitting the ramp via boosting easier.
- Touching or standing in lava will now cause rapid death in First-Person.
- Bonus Areas
- Added 5% chance of golden egg spawns to the Chicken Coop bonus area.
- Ikari EggXit bonus area now properly awards XP.
- Locked the number of Ikari EggXit bonus area instances to 3 per game.
- Ikari EggXit bonus area will now be removed from the available pool after Round 130.
- Nova Crawler
- Nova Crawlers no longer have an initial movement speed variance set when they spawn in to prevent inconsistent increases/decreases in speed.
- Nova Crawlers now spawn in at a consistent movement speed but can have their speed boosted by Nova Gas.
- Adjusted Werewolf health and heal logic to alleviate situations where players cannot deal more damage than health being restored.
- Each time the Werewolf restores health, it will now reduce the amount it can heal subsequently.
- Pole Zombie
- Pole Zombie health no longer scales with round number.
- Increased the time a Pole Zombie is on the map before it considers planting a pole from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Pole Zombies are now slightly more likely to start a pole plant once it starts considering a plant.
- Elephant in The Wild will now be damaged by player chickens.
- Wolf and Ghost Wolf will no longer kill the player in one bite.
- Gladiators will no longer have a rare chance to survive a Nuke drop.
- Replaced level 2 and level 3 firing sounds for LMG/Rocket Launcher/Death Machine weapons with the level 1 fire sound to reduce the loudness of these weapons in First-Person.
- Bug Fixes
- Addressed collision issues in the Graveyard, Temple, and Water Temple arenas.
- Addressed spawn issues in the Graveyard and Temple arenas.
- Addressed an issue where cannon fire was not entering the play space on the Round 65 Island arena.
- Added missing collision in the Island arena to prevent the player from going out of bounds.
- Addressed an issue where fireballs could blow up mid-air in the Round 57-60 Great Room arena.
- Addressed an issue where flipping L1/R1 with L2/R2 in the Controller Settings menu mapped the fire action to R1.
- Addressed an issue where First-Person power-ups collected at the same time by the player could lock up the player’s controls.
- Match Resuming
- Addressed a host migration issue in public matches where, upon resuming a game, remaining players could be permanently slowed for the rest of the match.
- Addressed an issue where, after joining a game in progress, the player could occasionally not aim down sights or fire their weapon until they were downed and revived.
- Addressed an issue where a player rejoining a match in progress might not have their stats and leaderboard data recorded correctly.
- Addressed an issue where donating a life could drop an award onto the player that might not be usable (for example, a Nuke could drop on a player who already had max Nukes). When this happened, the pickup could obscure the player’s first-person view.
- Addressed an issue with missing blood splatter effects in first-person.
- Addressed an issue where the player could stay in The Wild with a misaligned camera after running through a First-Person power-up before transitioning into a bonus area.
- Addressed a rare splitscreen issue where a blank dialog box could appear when the player picked up a First-Person power-up.
- Bonus Areas
- Addressed an issue where the Margwa door at the exit was not being reset to its original closed position on subsequent playthroughs of Ikari EggXit.
- Addressed an issue that could occur when multiple players entered a Deadly Dungeon and a Silverback Slideways bonus area at the same time, resulting in unwanted game behavior.
- Addressed an issue where the player could spend a key at Mama's Armory Basket and receive an unusable item.
- Addressed an issue where the Boxing Glove wasn't correctly prioritizing the Fortune Fate bonus over the Divine Shield bonus modifiers.
- Addressed an issue where a split Megaton could end up below the terrain.
- Addressed an issue where friendly Skeleton Guardians could prevent enemies from spawning.
- Addressed an issue where where enemy Gladiators were not able to enter the play space in the Room of Judgment.
- Onslaught Drive-In added to map rotation.
- Added new Dark Aether story Intel to discover in Onslaught Drive-In.
- Diminishing Light
- New limited-time mode now available.
- The circle shrinks as the horde gets stronger. If the Dark Aether Orb collapses, it will implode and destroy the players, ending the match.
- Shoot the Orb to slow down the shrink rate, or collect clock power-ups to pause the collapse. Completing Surges will revert the Orb to its original size.
- Unlock the “Soviet Red” Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint by completing 30 Surges in Diminishing Light.
- Addressed an issue where applying custom Blueprints in quick succession could result in weapon duplication or loss of functionality.
- Added ping icons for Mule Kick and Death Perception can pickups.
- The Mule Kick machine is now present in "Mauer der Toten" when playing in Local.
- Closed an exploit where players could use Aether Shroud infinitely.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Dead Ops Arcade 3: First Person
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Drive-In (PlayStation) [NEW]
- Onslaught Diminishing Light (PlayStation) [NEW]
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)
* GAME FEATURES DESCRIBED ABOVE ARE BASED ON CURRENT IN-DEVELOPMENT FEATURES THAT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON FINAL DEVELOPMENT CHANGES AND/OR GAME TUNING OR UPDATES THAT MAY REMOVE OR MODIFY SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE FEATURES.