Season Five adds another new weapon to the arsenal with the FiNN LMG, available for use in Multiplayer, Warzone, and Co-Op. Free for everyone who completes the challenge, the FiNN LMG is a beast of a weapon made for Operators who go in loud and don’t let up. Here’s the in-game description:
An ultra-light open bolt 5.56 machine gun with a low cyclic rate and advanced recoil controls, giving the FiNN exceptional full-auto accuracy.
And here’s how you can unlock the FiNN LMG:
Get 1 Melee Kill while using an LMG in 7 different matches.
An Alternate Way to Unlock the FiNN LMG
Why wait when you can get your hands on the FiNN right now? Before we get into tips on completing the in-game challenge, know that there is another unlock path.
Now available in the Store, the ‘Mainframe’ bundle includes three items, one of them being the Legendary Firewall blueprint. This emerald LMG is a blueprint of Light Machine Gun Golf with attachments focused on suppressing enemies with sustained fire. In addition to the Firewall, you will also get a new emblem and animated calling card.
If you can’t wait to equip the FiNN LMG, consider purchasing the ‘Mainframe’ bundle in the Store today. Find the bundle in the Store or go to the LMG section of the Weapon menu and ‘Mainframe’ will show up next to the FiNN LMG.
Feel the brute power using the Firewall LMG as you work on the in-game challenge to unlock the base version, which is required in order to level up the weapon and unlock its Camo Challenges. Let’s look at some tips for finishing that up.
Top 5 FiNN LMG Challenge Tips
5. Track ‘em Down. Whether you’re fighting at a distance or up close, this loadout competes. High Alert and Tracker combine for superb situational awareness, with Double Time giving you the added tactical sprint needed to catch up to foes on the run. Switch to your pistol for faster movement, and if you need a diversion, toss your smoke grenade and rush in for the melee kill.
Primary Weapon: LMG of choice (mandatory)
Secondary Weapon: Pistol (for faster movement speed)
Perk 1: Double Time (to catch fleeing enemies)
Perk 2: High Alert (to avoid getting flanked)
Perk 3: Tracker (to more easily find players)
Lethal Equipment: Molotov Cocktail (to briefly shut down enemy pathways)
Tactical Equipment: Smoke Grenade (smoke the enemy position and run in for the melee kill)
Note that you must get the melee kill while holding your LMG. The Combat Knife or other melee weapons will not count toward the required kill, even if there is an LMG in your loadout.
4. Use the Tactical Insertion. In Multiplayer, use the Tactical Insertion Field Upgrade and consider setting up your next spawn in a vertical position. Look for unsuspecting enemies and drop down on any who are immediately below you. Get the melee kill and you’re good for the match.
3. Play Small Maps. Having trouble closing in on the enemy? Choose a playlist with small maps to up your encounter rate and reduce the distance between enemies as much as possible. Melee kill in Shipment? No problem.
2. Snap a Picture. Equip the Snapshot Grenade and toss it into rooms you’re ready to clear. You’ll get intel on the enemy’s precise location provided they’re not using the Battle-Hardened perk. Pick your target and rush in for the melee kill.
1. Plunder Melee. Warzone players can get some great melee opportunities in Plunder. You’re already starting with a full loadout, so you meet the LMG requirement right away, and with multiple spawns per match, your chances of getting a melee kill are greater than in Battle Royale.
See you online.
For more information and the latest intel on Warzone, visit www.callofduty.com/warzone and follow @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.
© 2019-2020 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, MODERN WARFARE, WARZONE, and CALL OF DUTY WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.