Season Five adds a new melee weapon to the arsenal for use in Multiplayer, Warzone, and Co-Op: the Dual Kodachis. Free for everyone who completes the challenge, the Dual Kodachis are perfect for the stealthy Operator who likes to get up close and finish the job in a flash. Here’s the in-game description:
“Hand forged carbon steel blades provide the sharpest edge possible for silently slicing through your enemies.”
And here’s how you unlock the Dual Kodachis:
Using the Knife, get 3 Kills while behind the enemy in 15 different matches.
An Alternate Way to Unlock the Dual Kodachis
Can’t wait to unlock these sleek blades? Before we get into tips on completing the in-game challenge, know that there is another way to unlock the Dual Kodachis.
Available in Store, the ‘Eternal Samurai’ bundle includes four items, one of them being the Daimyo blueprint. These red and gold swords are worthy of a lord, and they’re just as deadly as they are elegant.
In addition to the Daimyo swords, you will also unlock the Legendary Riot Shield blueprint — ‘Shogun’ — plus an animated calling card and emblem.
If you’re eager to cut down the competition , consider purchasing the ‘Eternal Samurai’ bundle. Find the bundle in Store or go the Melee section of the Weapon Menu, and ‘Eternal Samurai’ will be adjacent to the Dual Kodachis.
The bundle is a great way to try out the dual swords before you complete the in-game challenge to unlock the base version, which is required in order to level up the weapon and unlock its Camo Challenges. For that, we’ve got some tips to help you out.
Top 5 Dual Kodachis Challenge Tips
5. Cutting Up Verdansk. Snipers and campers beware. This loadout is built on the idea of using the Combat Knife to quickly engage and dismantle enemy squads huddled up in buildings and on rooftops, focused on the streets below and unaware of their impending doom. It’s best used in Trios or Quads where you’re more likely to run into bigger groups.
Primary Weapon: SMG with Tactical Suppressor (to remain silent when forced into ranged combat)
Secondary Weapon: Combat Knife (mandatory)
Perk 1: Cold-Blooded (to negate enemies using the High Alert perk)
Perk 2: Ghost (keep off enemy radar)
Perk 3: Spotter (to spot clustered equipment, a good sign of nearby enemies)
Lethal Equipment: Any
Tactical Equipment: Heartbeat Sensor (another helpful tracking tool along with Spotter)
Head to areas with tall buildings or other sites where you’re likely to find enemy players grouped up and covering the outer perimeter. Downtown Tavorsk and Verdansk Hospital are prime candidates, and you might try out the Stadium, too, to catch enemies from behind who are shooting down into the pitch.
4. Dead Silence. In Multiplayer, Dead Silence is the perfect Field Upgrade for closing in on enemy players without stomping around and giving up your position at the last second. Even better, melee kills refresh its duration, perfect for landing one takedown after another.
3. Stim and Run. Besides its usefulness in topping up your health, Stim also refreshes your tactical sprint. This is extremely useful in situations where you’re chasing after an enemy on the move and need just a bit more juice to get into striking distance. A useful tactic in Multiplayer and Warzone.
2. Personal Radar and Counter UAV. Intel for you, confusion for them. Select these Killstreaks in Multiplayer for low cost assistance in finding the enemy while keeping yourself concealed. Deploy them together for maximum effectiveness.
1. Patience and Determination: Landing kills from behind is no easy task, but it’s a skill worth improving on that will up your game considerably. Switch up your tactics to keep things fun. Try playing a full match using only the Combat Knife; trick enemy players with the Decoy Grenade; play small maps to up your engagement count. Keep it fun and you’ll be swinging those Dual Kodachis in no time.
See you online, samurai.
For more information and the latest intel on Warzone, visit www.callofduty.com/warzone and follow @CallofDuty on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
For more information and the latest intel on Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare®, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @InfinityWard and @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook.
© 2019-2020 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, MODERN WARFARE, WARZONE, and CALL OF DUTY WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.
For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.