Ranked Play is the official competitive Warzone™ 2.0 Battle Royale experience. Players must be at least Level 45 to access Ranked Play.
With the launch of Ranked Play (BETA) in Season 03 Reloaded of Warzone™ 2.0, our goal is to deliver a competitive and fair system of play, all while striving to ensure a consistent experience across all Battle Royale modes.
To achieve this, the Ranked Play (BETA) will have initial gameplay restrictions in order to gather crucial feedback and data for the full launch of Ranked Play in Season 04, and beyond.
With that said, here is a preview of what you can expect for the Ranked Play (BETA) until the full Warzone™ 2.0 Patch Notes drop next week:
- Party Size: Trios
- Map: Al Mazrah
- Game Mode: Battle Royale
- Public Event restrictions (e.g. No Firesales)
- Vehicle restrictions (e.g. No Heavy Choppers)
- Restricted gameplay elements (e.g. no multi-circles, changes to redeploy mechanics)
- Buy Station Inventory Adjustments
- No flinging rocks at people in the Gulag, because that is just mean
Furthermore, Ranked Play in Warzone 2.0 uses a similar ranking system to that in Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II multiplayer (learn more about it here).
There are seven standard Skill Divisions, with all players beginning at Bronze I at the start of Season 03 Reloaded. Because this is being launched at mid-season, this first Ranked Play season will be shorter than all subsequent seasons.
Players will earn a Skill Rating (SR) based on match performance, specifically:
- Placement (e.g., 1st, 2nd, 20th)
- Kills by your squad.
The SR earned for Kills, Assists and Squad Kills is increased based on the number of squads remaining:
- 21+ Squads Remaining: +5 SR per Elimination/Assist, +2 SR per Squadmate Elimination
- 3–20 Squads Remaining: +7 SR per Elimination/Assist, +3 SR per Squadmate Elimination
- 1–3 Squads Remaining: +15 SR per Elimination/Assist, +7 SR per Squadmate Elimination