Top Ten Tips of the Week:
In the spirit of this special Warzone Wednesday column, and because there is plenty of new content for Season Four, we have ten fresh tips for you to take into Verdansk and Rebirth Island for the week ahead:
10. Tango Down. CQB weapons, such as SMGs and shotguns, could work well inside the satellite itself, or at least what’s left of it, as the hull is strong enough to block bullets coming in from the outside.
9. Plenty of Space. All four Crash Site locations are near popular high-ground spots and otherwise leave little cover. When traveling to and from here, watch for sniper glints and proceed with caution.
8. Upgrades via Uplink. During the Ground Fall event, your squad should work together to secure those Codecs via uplink. Doing so will unlock powerful in-game rewards, such as a Loadout Drop or even an Armored Cargo Truck.
7. Look Down Those Lanes. If your Gulag weapon rotation has long-range weaponry, one viable strategy is to look down either side of the showers areas from spawn to spawn. These sight lines are phenomenal, but don’t get tunnel vision, lest your enemy sneak behind you and perform a Finishing Move!
6. A Yacht with No Top. The skeleton-like version of Hijacked has very little cover from above, meaning that equipment pieces can drop into the spawn areas, central showers, and seating aeras with ease. Learn those angles, and you could make for an impressive or infuriating Killcam, depending on whose side you are viewing it from.
5. Ready for the Upcoming Mission. Remember: the Hijacked Gulag is a partial re-creation of the map that’s being introduced in Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer. If you want some practice for your duels, dive into Multiplayer and focus on engagements within the midship area.
4. POWER!!! The Dirt Bike is the fastest vehicle in the game, making it great for getaways out of the Circle Collapse or to save a downed squadmate.
3. Lean with It. While on a Dirt Bike, use “leaning” to dodge and weave around enemy projectiles while traveling in straight lines or to make sharper turns as you travel along switchbacks or other tight corners.
2. Turn without the Burn. Remember that the Dirt Bike’s turning radius is at its worst at high speeds, so if that switchback is too tight, try reducing your speed or pulling off some drift techniques to nail those precise corners.
1. It’s All Coming Together Now… All of Season Four’s new content in Warzone can be combined to create new strategies for your squad. One example: the new Dirt Bike can tear up the open-air Satellite Crash Sites, as its nimbleness allows Operators to move around and through the area with great speed.
Need More Intel? Visit the Official Warzone Strategy Guide to get a detailed look at all 300+ Tips, over 400 Points of Interest, and everything you need to step up your gameplay and be fully prepared for Warzone.
We’ll see you online.