To participate in the Xfinity Challenge Contest (also referred to as the “Promotion”), you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
LIMITED TO XFINITY RESIDENTIAL SERVICE SUBSCRIBERS WHO HAVE CALL OF DUTY®: BLACK OPS COLD WAR AND/OR CALL OF DUTY®: WARZONE, AN ELIGIBLE GAMING PLATFORM, ELIGIBLE GAMING PLATFORM ACCOUNT, ACTIVISION ACCOUNT, AND INTERNET SERVICE AS OF February 15, 2021. PARTICIPATION REQUIRES: SUBSCRIPTION TO AN XFINITY RESIDENTIAL SERVICE (SOLD SEPARATELY); CALL OF DUTY®: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (SOLD SEPARATELY) OR CALL OF DUTY®: WARZONE; AN ELIGIBLE GAMING PLATFORM (SOLD SEPARATELY); APPLICABLE GAMING PLATFORM ACCOUNT; ACTIVISION ACCOUNT; INTERNET ACCESS (SOLD SEPARATELY); AND PROMOTION REGISTRATION.
CALL OF DUTY®: BLACK OPS COLD WAR. ESRB Rating Mature 17+ (Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes). Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
CALL OF DUTY®: WARZONE. ESRB Rating Mature 17+ (Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes). Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
1. Promotion Period: This Promotion begins on February 16, 2021 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends March 11, 2021 at at 11:59:59 PM PT (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Promotion.
2. Sponsor: Activision Publishing, Inc., 3100 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, California 90405 (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Arizona and Maryland) and the District of Columbia who are Xfinity residential service subscribers and have Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War and/or Call of Duty®: Warzone, an eligible gaming platform, eligible gaming platform account, Activision account, and internet service as of February 15, 2021, and are at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor, Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC (“Comcast”), or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion or supplying the prizes, persons involved in the creation, development or production of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War or Call of Duty®: Warzone and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to participate or win any prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential prize winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility
upon request prior to prize award. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void in Arizona, Maryland, and where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. How to Participate:
· To participate, eligible Xfinity customers must visit www.xfinity.com/callofduty between February 16, 2021 and March 9, 2021, click on ‘Request your entry code’ and authenticate their eligibility using their Comcast account credentials. Once successfully authenticated, a unique code will be provided to eligible customers on-screen (“Entry Code”). The Entry Code will also be delivered to eligible customers via the email address linked to their Comcast account. Allow for 24 hours for email delivery. Once you receive your Entry Code, visit www.callofduty.com/xfinitychallege (“Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to log into your Activision Account (“Account”). Once you log into your Account, follow the on-screen instructions to apply the Entry Code to your Account and opt-in to participate in the Promotion. Once the Entry Code is applied to your Account, one (1) in-game animated emblem and five (5) hours of 2XP will be added to your Account. To apply the Entry Code and participate in the Promotion, entrants (a) must have one of the following gaming platforms: Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 5, or PC, (b) have an Account, and (c) follow instructions to redeem the Entry Code on the Website. PlayStation® 4 and PlayStation®5 participants will also need to have a PlayStation account (registration required) linked to their Account to participate. PC participants will also need to have a Battle.net account (registration required) linked to their Account to participant. Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X participants will also need to have an Xbox Live account (registration required) or Xbox Live Gold account, solely for access to Call of Duty®: Warzone (registration required, sold separately), linked to their Account to participate.
· Then, starting February 25, 2021 and through the Promotion Period, enter and compete in online Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War Free-for-All, Team Deathmatch, Domination, and/or Kill Confirmed matches or Call of Duty®: Warzone Battle Royale Solos matches (each a “Match” and collectively, “Matches”) and earn points through Match play every time you get an in-Match elimination (“Points”).
o For Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War:
· Every in-Match elimination = +1 Point
o For Call of Duty®: Warzone:
· Every in-Match elimination = +16.1 Points
The objective is to get the most Points by the end of the Promotion Period. You may enter and compete in as many Matches as you like starting February 25, 2021 and through the Promotion Period. Points will be posted to the Leaderboard (as described below). In participating in the Promotion, you must comply with the terms and conditions of use/community guidelines of your online gaming provider at all times.
5. Leaderboard: The Leaderboard will be posted on the Website and is intended to reflect the highest ranked Promotion participants (i.e. Promotion participants with the most Points), as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Every reasonable effort will be made by Sponsor to maintain and accurately reflect the highest number of Points that participants have
earned as well as their rankings as compared to other participants. However, only the top Seventy-Five (75) players/participants will appear on the Leaderboard. Sponsor and its agencies shall not be responsible for technical errors of any kind which may cause inaccurate or incomplete information to be reflected at any given time. Sponsor may update the Leaderboard at time(s) of its sole choosing and Sponsor may correct erroneous listings on Leaderboard at any time in its sole discretion without liability of any kind. Notwithstanding listings on Leaderboard, a person is not a potential prize winner unless and until he/she is notified personally by Sponsor or its agency to such effect. For the avoidance of doubt, other leaderboards not published/disseminated by Sponsor (e.g., any leaderboard available via an online gaming platform or participant’s own personal score record) are not in any way sanctioned by Sponsor and will NOT be recognized as proof of an entrant's performance in the Promotion. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
6. WINNER DETERMINATION: At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, the Seventy-Five (75) Promotion players/participants that are highest ranked on the Leaderboard (i.e. top 75) will be deemed potential winners. In the event of a tie from among any potential Prize winners, the Prize winner will be determined based on the first entrant to earn the most Points from among all tying entrants. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of their eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Limit one (1) Prize per person/email address/mailing address/household for this Promotion. All potential prize winners will be confirmed on or about March 18, 2021 by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
7. Winner Notification & Verification: Potential prize winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone using the contact information used by such potential prize winner to register for an Account. Potential prize winners will have five (5) days to respond to the initial notification. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within five (5) days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential grand prize, second prize, and third prize winners will, and all remaining potential prize winners may be required to sign and return within five (5) days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release and a tax acknowledgment form (if applicable). If the Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release and/or a tax acknowledgment form are not returned to Sponsor within the specified time period (should the signing of such documents be required), a potential winner may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, potential winner’s prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and such prize may be awarded to another participant in the Promotion.
8. Prizes, Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
· One (1) grand prize winner (the player/participant ranked first (1st) on the Leaderboard) will receive: 2,400 Call of Duty Points (ARV: $19.99) and one (1) Alienware Gaming Package consisting of: one (1) Alienware 17” laptop (COREI7-9750H, GEFORCERTX2060, 16GBMEM, 512GBSSD) (Est. ARV: $2,000.00); one (1) Alienware 25” 360hz monitor (ARV:
$899.99); one (1) Alienware 510K Mechanical Keyboard (ARV: $125.00); one (1) Alienware 610M Mouse (ARV: $100.00); and one (1) Alienware 510H headset (ARV: $100.00) (Est. Total ARV: $3,244.98);
· One (1) second prize winner (the player/participant ranked second (2nd) on the Leaderboard) will receive: 2,400 Call of Duty Points (ARV: $19.99) and one (1) TCL 55” 6- Series Mini-LED QLED TV (ARV: $699.99) (Total ARV: $719.98);
· One (1) third prize winner (the player/participant ranked third (3rd) on the Leaderboard) will receive: 2,400 Call of Duty Points (ARV: $19.99) and one (1) TCL 50” 5-Series QLED TV (ARV: $449.99) (Total ARV: $469.98); and
· Seventy-Two (72) winners (the players/participants ranked forth (4th) through seventy- fifth (75th) on the Leaderboard) will each receive: 2,400 Call of Duty Points (ARV: $19.99).
· Total Estimated ARV of all prizes awarded: $5,874.22. Prizes may not be fulfilled until 60 days after the Promotion Period ends.
· Additional Prize Information and Prize Restrictions: All prizes are subject to the warranties and guarantees from that products manufacturer. No substitution or transfer of prize except with Sponsor’s permission. Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize or prize component of equal or greater value if advertised prize/prize component is unavailable at time of awarding for any reason. Any images of prizes/prize components in advertising are for illustrative purposes only and actual items awarded as prizes/prize components may differ from such images. Each prize must be accepted by winner with all prize components (as described above). National, federal, state, provincial, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Winners may receive a 1099 tax form reflecting total value of prizes won.
8. Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, Sponsor, Comcast and their agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to human, typographical, printing or electronic malfunction, any damage caused by or relating to any downloadable content or damage of any network, hardware or software (the preceding expressly includes but is not limited to online gaming platforms). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who Sponsor reasonably believes took and/or attempted to take any action that could impact or influence the integrity and/or fairness of the Promotion. If for any reason the Promotion (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion (in whole or in part) and/or disqualify any individual who Sponsor reasonably believes tampered with (or attempts to tamper with) the entry process/operation of the Promotion (or any part thereof). In such event, Sponsor shall conduct the Promotion and make prizes available for the affected part(s) of the Promotion in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of cancellation/termination/modification/suspension of Promotion will be posted on the Website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries/game plays; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, or entry/game play to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer (or data/information stored thereon) related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials related to this Promotion. The preceding
expressly includes but is not limited to any entry/game play being corrupted, lost, damaged, garbled or not properly recorded (or not recorded at all) due to filtering by or other operation of the functionality of an online gaming platform.
9. Additional Conditions of Participation: This Promotion is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to the fullest extent permitted by law, to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Comcast and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, and (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage to person(s) or property arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance, possession, receipt or use/misuse of any prize(s). By participating, entrants also authorize the Sponsor and its designees to use the entrant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city, and state/province of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winners’ list (if applicable) without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without obligation or compensation. Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Promotion and/or prevent others from participating in the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE OR AN INDIVIDUAL OTHERWISE ATTEMPTS TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. NOTHING IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES LIMITS, EXCLUDES OR MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO LIMIT, EXCLUDE OR MODIFY ANY STATUTORY CONSUMER GUARANTEES OR ANY IMPLIED CONDITION OR WARRANTY THE EXCLUSION OF WHICH FROM THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WOULD CONTRAVENE ANY STATUTE OR CAUSE ANY PART OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO BE VOID (“NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES”). EXCEPT FOR ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, AND THE SPONSOR’S OWN PRODUCT/SERVICE THAT MAY BE COVERED BY A WARRANTY (WITH SUCH WARRANTY BEING EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO ITS TERMS SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEE), SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE (OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. If any provision of these Official Rules is invalid under the law, rules, or regulations, it will only apply to the extent permitted. In addition to the tax liability disclosures in these rules, prize winners are subject to abide by the income reporting and, if applicable, the payment of any taxes and/or customs duties due per the applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
10. Governing Law: Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Promotion must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Los Angeles, CA. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrant be
permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California law, without reference to California choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
12. Winners’ List: For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Xfinity Challenge – Promotion, c/o Activision Publishing, 3100 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405. Requests must be received no later than sixty (60) days following the conclusion of the Promotion.
© 2021 Activision Publishing, Inc. ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS, CALL OF
DUTY WARZONE, AND WARZONE are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.