The Forge brings a new skill in to your arsenal this week – the Katana Operator Skill. The Katana is a deadly sword that can be earned over time, similar to other Operator Skills, then used in Multiplayer.
Read on to learn how to unlock the Katana Operator Skill in the Katana Kill Challenge and get some tips for using it in battle.
Katana Operator Skill Overview
The Katana is a lethal one-hit kill Operator Skill that slices and dices the opposition. When activated the player will enter a third-person perspective to get a complete field of view. Use the added vision to attack enemies from all angles.
The Katana is a close-range Operator Skill. Unlike the War Machine or Annihilator, you’ll have to be near your enemy to unleash your deadly sword. Use environment pieces, distractions by other teammates, or tactical equipment to close the distance, before you strike. The Katana has a small lunge distance, so make sure you are within striking distance before you attack.
How to Unlock the Katana
In the Featured Event section, you can find the Katana Kill Challenge. Select it to view a list of tasks you can choose from. You’ll have the opportunity to earn multiple items along the way to adding the Katana to your arsenal.
In addition to the Operator Skill, you can earn the MW11 – Sight Unseen, Sticky Grenade – Sight Unseen, and a Spray – Crash. Bulk up on your gear by completing all the challenges and mentally prepare yourself to be a Katana master.
Tips for Bringing a Katana to a Gunfight
1. Map Knowledge. Consider the map you are playing on before you activate the Katana. Is it close-quarters or does it feature long sightlines? Because the Katana is a close-range weapon make sure the battlefield enables you to have success with it.
2. Striking Distance. If you are unsure if you are close enough to land a Katana kill, pay attention to your HUD. A crosshair will “lock-on” to an enemy hostile that is within range.
3. Smoke ‘Em Out. For enemies a good distance away, Smoke is a good way to close the gap undetected. If you want to continue using the Katana, you won’t have access to your standard weaponry. Use Smoke to move with stealth, then emerge with a deadly Katana surprise.
4. Stun’ On ‘Em. Concussion grenades disorient and slow enemies. Capitalize on the confusion and lack of speed to move in and let your blade do the rest.
5. Feeling Perky? If you are rolling with the Katana, choose some perks to benefit your Operator Skill. Consider Ghost to stay hidden and Skulker or Lightweight to increase your movement speed.
Conquer the Katana Kill Challenge and wield the sword in battle on your way to victory.
See you on the go and online!
© 2019 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.