How to Play
Think you know Call of Duty esports? Enter to win $25,000 in the Winners Bracket Challenge Presented by GameStop! Correctly predict the Group Stage, Winners Bracket, and Grand Final outcomes to be entered to win the big prize. Will you lean on the giants from North America like OpTic Gaming or Team EnVyUs, or will you predict a deep run from one of the Europe or Australia/New Zealand contenders?
Once you've completed your picks, be sure to watch all of the action from the Call of Duty World League Championship from September 1st to 4th on callofduty.com/esports, Twitch.tv/callofduty, MLG.tv/callofduty, YouTube.com/callofduty, or through the in-game viewer on PlayStation 4.
Good luck, and don’t forget to share your bracket with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, and email!
2016 CALL OF DUTY ® CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER’S BRACKET CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY GAMESTOP
Please read these rules before entering the 2016 Call of Duty Championship Winner’s Bracket Challenge Presented by Gamestop (the “Contest”). By entering and participating in the Tournament, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements contained in Section 1 below.
1. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC. (“ACTIVISION”) AND GAMESTOP, INC. (“GAMESTOP”) (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO HEREIN AS “SPONSOR”) ARE THE SPONSORS OF THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO, AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY ARE: (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES; (B) SEVENTEEN YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY; (B) HAVE AUTHORIZED ACCESS TO A FULL CALL OF DUTY ACCOUNT REGISTERED ON CALLOFDUTY.COM THAT IS IN GOOD STANDING AND WHICH REMAINS IN GOOD STANDING THROUGHOUT THIS CONTEST. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and household members (whether related or not) of each, as well as participants in the Call of Duty World League Championships are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. In the event of any dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail address from which the e-mail was sent. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry - fax, mail, email, phone or other - will be accepted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any other users completing Call of Duty World League Championship Winner’s brackets, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with Call of Duty World League Championship, or by any other technical or human error which may occur in the processing of registrations or entries into the Contest, or otherwise in connection with the Contest, including without limitation any technical limitation that results in the disqualification or loss of ranking status of any Entrant into the Contest.
3. Contest Period. The Contest registration shall commence on 11:00 AM PST August 15, 2016 (the
“Start Date”), and shall continue in duration until 11:59 PM PST August 31, 2016 (the "Deadline"). All
entries must be received by the Deadline to be eligible to win a prize.
4. How to Enter. Entrants will be required to complete a Call of Duty World League Championship winner’s bracket at https://www.callofduty.com/bracket to enter the Contest.
5. Contest. Entrants that accumulate the most points most points by correctly selecting the two (2) teams to advance to the knockout stage within each of their eight (8) groups during the group stage, and then selecting the "winning pick" for each of the fifteen (15) knockout stage match-ups associated with the Call of Duty World League Championship (the “Tournament”) will have a chance to win the prizes set forth in Section 4(a)(vi) below. The following shall determine the winners of the Contest.
(i) Making Selections. Entrants may enter selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the Contest’s website located at https://www.callofduty.com/bracket. All terms and conditions of the Contest website and these Official Rules apply.
(ii) Scoring. A correct pick in a given round is shown below:
· Group Play: 1 points per pick
· Round 1: 4 points per pick
· Round 2: 16 points per pick
· Round 3: 64 points per pick
· Round 4: 256 points per pick
Note that in the event a Tournament match does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation) no points will be awarded.
(iii) Lock-time. The bracket choices made by Entrants will lock at the scheduled start time for the first match in the Tournament. An Entrant’s picks for the matchups must be submitted, received and recorded by Sponsor's computer by the scheduled locktime. Selections submitted after the deadline are considered invalid. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
(iv) Ties. Entrants shall submit a predicted score for the first best of five in the grand final match (the "Tiebreaker Game") when they submit their bracket. This prediction is used for tiebreaker purposes only. If no predicted score is submitted for an entry, it is given a default prediction of zero (0) points to zero (0) points.
(v) Tiebreakers. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
1. Tiebreaker #1 – An Entrant’s predicted opponent in the grand final match is correct.
2. Tiebreaker #2 - An Entrant's predicted Tiebreaker Game score is compared to the actual game score. The differences (absolute values only) between the predicted score and actual score for the Tiebreaker Game. The smaller difference is considered the winning entry.
3. Tiebreaker #2 - An Entrant's predicted score for the winning team that is closest to the actual score of the winning team is considered the winning entry.
4. Tiebreaker #3 - Number of points scored in Round 4.
5. Tiebreaker #4 - Number of points scored in Round 3.
6. Tiebreaker #5 – Number of points scored in Round 2.
7. Tiebreaker #6 – Number of points scored in Round 1.
8. Tiebreaker #7 – The Entrant whose Bracket Challenge submission was recorded in the system the earliest.
(v) Bracket Challenge Prizes.
· Grand Prize. The Entrant who finishes in the First Place position in the Bracket Challenge shall receive a check in the amount of Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00 USD) from Sponsor.
7. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of Entrants who submit entries for the Contest. ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE AS WELL AS ANY COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF A PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within the time period specified by Sponsor will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner for the drawing at issue, as applicable and time permitting. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address.
All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIALAND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. Winners of a prize in this Contest must execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release within the time period specified by Sponsor before they can receive their Prize. Prize Winners will be contacted at the email address associated with their Battle.net Account. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement).
8. Sponsor Use of Entries. Each Entrant, in consideration of their being allowed the opportunity to enter the Contest, hereby grant Sponsor a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to utilize the entry materials submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Entry Materials"), as well as Entrant’s name, address (city and state), character, likeness, prize information, statements about the promotion and biography, for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law, and releases the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability with respect thereto. The Entry Materials will not be returned to any Entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Entrant acknowledge that Sponsor shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display on all forms of media, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. Entrant further agrees to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph 7.
9. General Release. By entering the Contest, you release Sponsor, participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, any activity or travel related to the Contest or from any interaction with, or downloading of Contest information and any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. EVERYTHING PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSES OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow (i) the exclusion of implied warranties on applicable statutory rights, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply in some cases. 12. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, Winners will be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed Affidavit of Eligibility and a publicity and liability release within fifteen (15) days of prize notification.
10. Winners List; Rules Request. To obtain a winners’ List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope in a separate, first class stamped envelope to: “2016 Call of Duty Winner’s Bracket Challenge - Winners’ List”, c/o Activision Publishing, 3100 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405. Requests must be received no later than sixty (60) days following the conclusion of the Contest Period. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address: “2016 Call of Duty Winner’s Bracket Challenge - Rules Request”, c/o Activision Publishing, 3100 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405. Residents of WA and VT, may omit return postage. 11. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
11. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. No automated entry devices and/or programs are permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In case of dispute of the identity of any winner, entries will be declared made by the authorized Call of Duty account holder of the Call of Duty account provided at time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit Entrant’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any Entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest, engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other Entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion), attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including but not limited to the use of automated entry programs, the use of automated entry devices, the creation of multiple accounts, or by participating in, or benefiting from, a syndicate, group or block playing process or system), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Sponsor representatives are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please send written questions to “2016 Call of Duty Winner’s Bracket Challenge,” c/o Activision Publishing, 3100 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405.
13. Contest Sponsor. The sponsors of this Contest are Activision Publishing, Inc., and GameStop.
To participate in the Winner's Bracket Challenge, perform the following steps:
Step 2: Click the My Bracket tab, which will display the groups. Choose 1st and 2nd place for each of the eight groups and click Save.
NOTE: The teams will automatically be placed into the appropriate positions in the bracket on the next page.
Step 3: A modal will appear that displays the first matchup. Click Predict to choose the winner of the match. This will automatically load the next match. Continue to predict the winner of each matchup.
Step 4: Complete the tie breaker question by selecting the loser bracket winner from the dropdown. The team selected to win the winner's bracket will auto populate. Then enter the score prediction for the first best-of-five matchup (ex, 3-1).
Step 5: Agree to the terms to complete your bracket.
Once you've completed your bracket, be sure to follow the action at www.callofduty.com/esports/videos and root for your teams. Good luck!