THANKS FOR MAKING THIS THE LARGEST PS4 BETA EVER!
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO IMMORTALIZE YOUR NAME ON CALLOFDUTY.COM AND CELEBRATE THE BETA
1. What is the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta?
The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta is your chance to test and experience Call of Duty: Black Ops III multiplayer gameplay prior to launch. The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta represents a portion of the game while it is still in development, meaning that by playing, you are actively helping the developers to identify and fix issues for a smoother Day 1 launch. The Beta is not a full version of the game, as it represents a mere fraction of the overall multiplayer experience. Specific details of what will be included in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta will be released over the coming week.
2. How do I participate in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta?
To lock in your immediate access to the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta, you must have a beta access code. The easiest way to get a beta access code is to pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops III on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC from a participating retailer, or to pre-purchase the game through the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live Store, or Steam.
Each retailer will have a limited supply of Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta codes, and will be available while quantities last.
You can pre-order online and find information about participating retailers by visiting callofduty.com/blackops3/buy.
3. Which console platforms will support the Beta?
The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta will only be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
4. Do I need Xbox Live Gold to play the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta?
Yes, you will need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta.
5. When is the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta?
PlayStation 4 owners get access to the multiplayer beta first starting on Wednesday, August 19 and will continue through Sunday, August 23. The following week on Wednesday, August 26 the beta will make its debut on Xbox One and PC and run through Sunday, August 30.
6. Where do I redeem my Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code?
Head over to callofduty.com/blackops3beta and follow the instructions on the page to reserve your spot in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta.
You will be required to log in with a Call of Duty account and enter your Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code.
If you do not have a Call of Duty account, you can create a free one. After creating your free account, you will be sent an account verification email to the address you provide.
7. I redeemed my Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Beta code through CallofDuty.com, but I haven’t received a download token for my platform of choice. What should I do?
If you have not received your token or you are unable to access the email account associated with your CallofDuty.com account, please visit this link to retrieve your token. Please note: you must have previously redeemed a beta code via CallofDuty.com in order to retrieve your token.
8. What’s the difference between my Beta code that I received and my Beta token?
Your pre-order Beta code reserved your spot for the Beta and is redeemed at callofduty.com/blackops3beta. Once you have registered, a Beta token will be emailed to you on a rolling basis beginning at 12:00 AM PST on August 19th for PS4 users and on a rolling basis at 12:00 AM PST on August 26th for Xbox One and PC users. This Beta token will allow you to download the Beta from the platform you have designated in the registration process.
9. I’ve pre-purchased my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops III through the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live Store, or Steam, but I didn't receive a Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code. Where can I locate my code?
You don't need one! Code redemption is not necessary for pre-purchases through the PlayStation Store, Xbox Live Store, or Steam. You are automatically validated to participate in the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta. When the Beta has opened, you will be able to download it immediately.
10. I’ve pre-ordered my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops III through a participating retailer. Where can I locate my Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code?
In most cases, the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code will be printed on the retail receipt or sent to you via email on an online receipt. If you did not receive a beta code or can’t locate it, please contact your retailer.
11. What should I do if I lost or can’t find my Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code?
If you’ve lost or can’t find your Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code that you received for pre-ordering, please contact your retailer to recover your code.
12. I can’t read the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code on my receipt. What should I do?
If you can’t read the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code you received (i.e., smudged, illegible, etc.), please contact your retailer to get another copy of the code.
13. I entered my Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta code, but it didn’t work. What should I do?
Please verify that you are entering the correct code. If you are receiving an error message stating that the code you entered is invalid or that your code has already been redeemed, please contact us using one of the following links below.
14. How big is the Beta file
To make the Beta a fun and valuable experience, we’ve packed it with a lot of content. Therefore, the file is approximately 15 GB and download times will vary based on location, server traffic, and connection speed.
15. How can I give feedback and report bugs to make Black Ops 3 better?
We’re glad you asked! We welcome feedback and encourage everyone to share. A Black Ops III Beta survey is available at support.activision.com
16. When will the servers be down for maintenance?
Because this is a Beta, periodic maintenance will be necessary throughout the gameplay period. Please follow @Treyarch on Twitter for updates.
17. Will my progress from the Beta carry over to retail?
No, progress will not carry over from the Beta. Our focus is making the final game the best and most stable experience it can be and we will be working on balancing and other fixes leading up to launch.
18. What about Campaign or Zombies, will that be available in the Beta also?
No, the Black Ops III Beta is specifically focused on multiplayer.
19. Is the Beta available worldwide?
Availability of the Black Ops III Beta will vary by territory.
20. My question is not answered here. How can I find more information?
21. Where can I find the legal Terms of Service for the Black Ops III Beta?
Please review the legal terms and conditions for the Black Ops III Beta here