Its a tough thing to expect someone to do things in the game, but one thing that I tell my team not to do is to get in front of my character especially if you see me shooting. Get to my right or left but not in front.
As a common courtesy, if you're using Blind Eye, have the decency to help out a teammate with taking air support.
Just because you're protected by it, doesn't mean you can't carry a Stinger to assist those who are being taken by Attack Helicopters etc.
8 times out of 10 times I'm probably running with a stinger and let team know if i have assault killstreak sorted or not. If i only have 1 shot left in stinger i let team know so someone can swap class and take it out with me. I commentate whether i get a hit or not as this can help .
On teamwork. How about not acting like a total fool and think you ae the supreme commander of all that is the way of combat in COD. I don't mind playing as a team and maybe holding an area down, but with some moron is barking orders out yelling at the team because they didn't do what he said, kill the person that he is trying to point out to you, gets annoying. Too many times have I come across people like this. I hate to mute people because you should be helping each other out, but lets take it down a notch.
Which brings up another point, if you have a mic on for the sole purpose of blaring your gangsta rap, turn your mic off. You are clearly not their to help the team, but annoy people. Again back to the mute thing. I hate doing it becasue you should be communicating with the team to help win. Oh and if your kid is crying in the background, put the game down and be a parent.
WHen playing domination:
- Have the smarts to play like the rest of you team and stop trying to 3-cap when there is no need
- Conversely, when you have such a lead that you may as well go for the complete doimnation, let your team know you are going into the enmy spawn so your team knows that someone may be spawning behind them (if you ever wondered how you went from easily holding 2 flags to being dominated in 10 seconds, someone on your team did it to you)
Stop running in front of your teammates line of fire
Anygame, core mode:
- If you are ging to run in front of someone's line of fire, pay attention to where (s)he was shooting and help them take out the enemy instead of only blocking their view so you both get killed.
- Stop trying to go for a knife kill when shooting at the person would have killed themfaster, thus preventing your teammate from dying (e.g. go for the rescue, and not the revenge)
- Don't stand in doorways
- Don't line prone in doorways
- Don't run to the objective and stop to look at it (you will likely get shot anyways, and by stoping you just blocked your teammates and gave the enemy a multi-kill)
- Cap the flags!
- TDM/FFA : killwhore; Objective game modes : PTFO! (no one wants to watch your beasting-I-ignored-the-objective-look-at-my-MOAB youtube vid)
Currently Being ModeratedRe: Common Courtesies
...Or to "That Guy" who never uses Blind Eye, but comes running to you like you can save him when a predator is announced and gives the enemy team a two for one deal. Please don't do that.
I run sitrep pro now, so I usually call out that the package is a fake or not and if my team mate is an idiot and tries to take it I let them (usually some random). But I used to yell for everyone to clear out while I am trying to take it before I used sitrep.
On KC, if you see a teammate trying to get their own tags and they haven't been boosting, let them.
Also on KC, if a teammate says they are only 2 kills away from a MOAB and your team is up by 20 or so tags, stop grabbing them.