Currently Being ModeratedJan 1, 2012 7:49 PM (in response to Dirty_Maineiac)Re: MW3 DISK READ ERROR/FREEZING PS3 PETITION!
This seemed to fix my disk err0r problem
From the ps3 menu,
2. Select Internet Browser.
3. After the Internet Browser appears press the Triangle button.
4. Select Tools on the Options menu.
5. Select Delete Cookies and Delete Cache
6. delete game data utility for MW3 (witch is the update)
7. reinstall update and it should work.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 15, 2012 12:09 PM (in response to Dirty_Maineiac)Re: MW3 DISK READ ERROR/FREEZING PS3 PETITION!
Nothing is going to fix it, it will just go down in history as another one of the stupid senseless errors that a gaming company has bestowed upon the community....remember when companies had to actually finish games completely before putting them on the shelves? Because they couldn't do live updates like this...the time we live in has broken our games
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 10, 2012 6:57 PM (in response to Dirty_Maineiac)Re: MW3 DISK READ ERROR/FREEZING PS3 PETITION!
i have tried everything .deleting everything all internet options, cache, all that. standing ps3 disc side upward. nothing has worked for me , i deleted all game data and profile and everything . NOTHING WORKS !!
Currently Being ModeratedMar 2, 2012 8:53 PM (in response to dhomeboy333)Re: MW3 DISK READ ERROR/FREEZING PS3 PETITION!
Try this it worked for me right away. Good Luck! (This was a live chat with Activision on FB)
When troubleshooting console issues, there are 3 variables that could be causing the actual issue. The game disc, the game data, and the console are the 3 variables.
1. Make sure to delete all game data for the game and let it redownload any patches that it requires:
A. Navigate to Game Data Utilities
B. Highlight your Modern Warfare 3 game data.
C. Press Triangle, select delete.
Tutorial on how to restore the file system
1. Start with having the system in standby (redlight is on)
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Press and hold the power button again and keep holding, it will beep as it turns on and then it will double beep. When you hear the double beeps immediately take your finger off the power button (if your system turns off before you get a double beep just try again and hold the button, it should double beep the 2nd time you try)
4. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
You will now have a screen with these options :
1. Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION®3 System.
2. Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
CHOOSE THIS ONE 3.Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
4. Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION®3.
5. Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
6. System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION®3 System
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT CHOOSE THE WRONG OPTION HERE OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR DATA.
2. Test your disc on another console. If the disc works fine on another console, the issue is not the disc. If you find that the game does not load on another Playstation 3, we can begin to process a warranty disc replacement if the disc is within the 90 day warranty period and there is no damage on the disc. Please keep in mind, we test and inspect your game disc when we receive it. If we receive the disc with damage or it is no longer within warranty, we will require a 20 dollar replacement fee for the disc.
3. If the previous steps did not resolve your issue, there may be a problem with the hardware within your console. You may want to contact Sony for further support:
SCEA Consumer Services
Mon-Sat 6AM-8PM (PST)
Sun 7AM-6:30PM (PST)