Feb 27, 2012 12:30 PM
Hello MW3 Wii Community.
We are listening to you and are working on updates to the game based on your feedback. Today we have posted an update that should address several issues reported by the community.
You must have a Wii Shop Channel account in order to download certain updates. Visit Accessing the Wii Shop Channel for information on the Wii Shop Channel.
The game will prompt you to download the update when you start Multiplayer once it is available. If you are already running the game at this time, switch to Single Player and restart Multiplayer to get it. The update cannot be downloaded from Spec Ops, and you will be prompted to switch over to Multiplayer in order to access it.
Please continue to check the forums for updates. Any further issues identified for fixing will be updated to this space in the future.
In the meantime, thank you for your playing and thank you for your patience.
- Posted a hotfix that should resolve the reported "Profile Overwrite" glitch.
- Improved the ability of AI-controlled killstreaks to track and shoot targets
- Fixed several map escapes and exploits – notably in Outpost and Seatown
- Implemented various weapon balance changes that affect the shotgun/grenade launcher attachments for assault rifles, the FMG9, akimbo weapons, shotguns, the Type 95, the ACR, Semtex, and silenced sniper rifles.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Pavelow killstreak to not be damaged or destroyed with lock-on missiles
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to purchase items with Prestige tokens they had not earned
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to call multiple MOAB strikes with a short period of time
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to assign weapon proficiencies to weapons that should not be able to have them.
- Fixed an issue where players reported that certain air support units could not be shot down in the Free-For-All game mode.
- Fixed excessive cooldown time on sentry turrets
- Fixed objects that can be placed not appearing red when they are in an invalid placement position immediately as they are pulled out
- Fixed an issue that caused the laptop to get stuck on screen when a player’s Assault Drone was destroyed immediately after placement
- Improved performance when multiple headsets are in use
- Fixed several low frequency crashes
- Implemented several miscellaneous performance optimizations
12/02/11 Update (no download necessary):
MP - Outlook - Fixed Exploit
MP - Village - Fixed Exploit
MP - Downturn - Fixed Exploit
MP - Major optimzation work to improve host frame-rate issues ("host-lag")
Spec Ops - Major optimization improvement to help with reports of spec ops "rubberbanding/lag"
Session Host Migration Fixes
Added "Add Friend" option in the MP shell when selecting a player's playercard
Fix for crosshairs always going to the center of the screen when scoping in if "Control Stick" was selected for scope aiming
Fix for Proposal list only displaying first 8 proposals in the list.
IK Settings for clients were disabled whenever the host mantled through certain windows.
Fix for Stinger not locking onto UAVs when using the Wii Remote.
The GIGN SMG character would disappear when looking at him from a short distance.
Fix for M.O.A.B. locking out user's gun but still allow ability to pull out the radio.
The "Mission Select" menu would remain locked if a player launched a Single Player "Campaign" after creating the profile in the "Multiplayer" Shell.
Fix for player having no secondary weapon after turning off the Overkill Pro perk.
Spec Ops - Fix for the accuracy total on the end of match screen not always equaling what the player should have received
Fixed missing bomber emblem during gameplay
Fix where after a player exits the remote tank, their character would pop out of sight for a brief period of time.
Fix for when player was able to mantle the sentry gun
Fix for when player could not pickup flag when placed on a turret
Fix for reports of players experiencing a freeze while a Remote Sentry is active in a Private FFA match
Fix for when emptying the clip of a SCAR-L with the Heartbeat Sensor and the Hybrid Sight in the short range position would cause the player to be unable to reload until they put the sight in the long range position
Fix for message stating weapon rank had increased when it hadn't
Fix for some imcomplete or incorrect playlist descriptions
Fix for "Assist" message not appearing in private matches
Several minor player collision issues fixed
Various stability improvements
Players are experiencing an issue commonly referred to as “lag shooting” where network lag will cause the player to have difficulty hitting an opponent.
Several players have reported their save data getting corrupted when the game freezes.