Currently Being ModeratedApr 10, 2012 10:09 PM (in response to Spiderblood)Re: Top 10 Hardest Video Game Bosses
I used to have problems with Galactus, but after fighting him so much to get the endings for every character I've gotten a bit good at him. I've found most of his attacks aren't too hard to block or avoid cause he's so slow ya can tell what he's gonna do. The only move I have a tough time with is the one where he blasts the entire screen with his fingers and eyes. I'm not sure where you're supposed to stay to be able to block it. He is crazy strong though, I gotta do a lot of character swapping on the higher levels to keep my guys fresh, haha.
Not sure about my top ten hardest bosses. I'll just say the entire Ghouls n Ghosts, that game is brutal. I think the furthest I ever got was the third level.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 11, 2012 9:27 PM (in response to christiankid7)Re: Top 10 Hardest Video Game Bosses
Cool thread idea, BS!
Though I gotta ask if you've every played Battletoads, Hawk. I only played it when I was young, but it might actually be the hardest game of all-time. And it might actually be impossible if you play with two players. Though Ghouls n Ghosts is supposed to be right up there with it, too.
This is kinda a hard list for me to make, since I wanna keep this to games I've played somewhat recently, since I don't think it really counts if I think a boss was hard when I was 5. Course, this means all the insane bosses from most of the old NES games I played growing up won't be on the list then. It might actually take some thought then, since there's not that many bosses that really jump out in my mind as being really tough. I'll have to come back to this later. I know, you're all on the edge of your seats...
Currently Being ModeratedApr 11, 2012 9:47 PM (in response to Rogue_Shadow)Re: Top 10 Hardest Video Game Bosses
Nope, never played Battletoads though I did see a youtube video of someone beating it. It was insane, haha. Ghouls n Ghosts was one of the very earliest games I ever got though. The SNES version, not the NES one, though I do have that one now for the PS2 on this collection of old games type of deal. Both are pretty hard.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 29, 2012 12:09 PM (in response to christiankid7)Re: Top 10 Hardest Video Game Bosses
Actually, if you just go apeshit with strikes on him, he will cut the move off. If you do team special moves witch is the L2 on PS3 and LT on Xbox 360, it will pretty much do the trick.
Currently Being ModeratedApr 11, 2012 10:17 PM (in response to Spiderblood)Re: Top 10 Hardest Video Game Bosses
Of all the bosses that you've ever faced, which ones were the hardest? For me, they were:
10) Yami (Tatsunoko vs Capcom) I usually can't beat him with using Kaijin No Soki and when I use him he still gives me a hard time.
9) Dark Zack (Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep): His Hero's Pride attack is very difficult to dodge and impossbile to block. He'll start off the battle with that attack and if you're not careful then the battle will be over before you can even get one shot in.
8) Chef Antoine (Dead Rising 2): With the Driller, this guy is moderately difficult. Without it, he was impossible. When he's not beating the crap out of me with his frying pan, he's eating some kind of crap stew to regain health which made him very hard to put down.
7) Kid Buu (Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2): Kid Buu's attacks were fast and brutal and I had to face him multiple times to bring him down.
6) Galactus (Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3): He was hard enough in the original, then they made him harder in the updated version. He'll often spam his finger laser attack and then there's his full screen laser that will instantly kill you unless you block while in X-Factor.
5) Omega (Mega Man ZX): His attacks did a lot of damage and he was hard to hit. Sadly, I never got anything to show for me beating him.
4) Duo.EXE (Mega Man Battle Network 4): He had no set attack pattern, he would just fire attacks randomly and all I could do was try to avoid his attacks and hope for an opportunity to strike back.
3) Bass.EXE GS (Mega Man Battle Network 3): I only beat him yesterday. He has an aura that blocks all attacks that do less than 200 points of damage. I was lucky enough to survive long enough to get the right chips finally bring him down.
2) Cerberus (Final Fantasy VIII): I tried to recruit near the end of Disk 2 but he kept killing so in the end I gave up and bypassed him.
1) Sephiroth (Kingdom Hearts): I've beaten every other boss in this game except Sephiroth and unless I level up more then I don't think I'll beat him anytime soon.
I am glad that Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts is at number 1 - Although I have beaten him it is a tough battle.
He is definately the hardest boss I have ever beaten.
Another hard one is the Andross from Lylatwars 64 (not the easy one but the REAL Andross).
Just getting to that guy is hard enough but then the battle makes it even worse
Currently Being ModeratedApr 29, 2012 12:07 PM (in response to Spiderblood)Re: Top 10 Hardest Video Game Bosses
I alwayes kinda thought that the Seth boss battle in Street fighter 4 was pretty tough aswell, but there are much harder. Galactus in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Ultamite Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was pretty damn hard, and Shao Khan in the Mortal Kombat series wasn't easy either. Notice how SF4, MvsC3 and MK are fighting games? Fighting game bosses are actually some of the toughest in video games.
MARVEL, AND ALL RELATED CHARACTERS: TM & © 2010 MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT, INC. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES. LICENSED BY MARVEL CHARACTERS B.V WWW.MARVEL.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
GAME © 2010 ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC. ACTIVISION IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
THE RATINGS ICON IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF THE ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE ASSOCIATION. ALL OTHER TRADEMARKS AND TRADE NAMES ARE THE PROPERTIES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.